Sunday, April 7, 2013

More Drama

OK folks. Had a fun night with an interesting twist at the end here.

My buddy just turned 21 on April Fool's day. Awesome birthday right? Well, he invited me to go out tonight. I had to tune up my jeep and give her an oil change first. Went to my parent's house for that part. I got into it with my mom for a bit about the things that went on in my previous two posts. Then left. Went to a local bar where my buddies already were. We had a couple drinks then went back to my friend's frat house. Had a drink there and hung out for a bit.

We decided to go to a different local bar where we knew more people. Well, on the ride there, my friend who is part of a fraternity and long time drinking buddy pukes out my back window. We just took him home. He was passed out on the bathroom floor when we left him to clean up before bed. Pretty hammered.

Well, me and one of the other guys that was with us decided to go ahead and go to the second bar without him. We get there and get a beer (always better on draft) and try and find the folks who invited us. We finally locate them on the second floor. One of my friends who is going through a tough break up sees me and starts balling her eyes out on my shoulder. I feel bad for her, I know how tough that is. I've done it within the past 6 months. It's heart wrenching. If anyone thinks that getting broken up with hurts, try breaking up with someone you love but just don't see yourself with in a long term sense. It's equally as hard if not harder.

Well, to make a long story short, my ex was there. The heart wrenching break up that I just talked about. I left her for the simple fact that she wasn't doing anything to set up her own future. No college, no job. Just living off her parents. I voiced my concern and we fought for 6 months before I pulled the plug. I really did love her. She was an amazing person. Just wasn't ready to be a big girl and be on her own. And I wasn't willing to wait. I have bigger goals and plans for my life.

Well, shit gets awkward at the bar. I've got my friend crying on my shoulder and all I can see is my ex standing about 5 feet away yelling and pointing at me. I do what I can to console my distraught friend, slam my beer, and leave.

When I get to my friends house where I'm crashing for the night, I decided to text my ex and ask if we can stop being pissed at each other considering we have some mutual friends still. She replies saying that she was mad because the whole point of the night was to make sure that my distraught friend didn't cry and that I allowed her to.

She also said that when my girlfriend stops texting her asking for relationship advice that we could talk. Now I find this funny. The reason I find it so funny is that my girlfriend told me that she talked to my ex but that they never talked about me. They would only ever talk about my ex's new boyfriend.

Now, in light of recent events showing that she lied about talking to her ex and the events of early on in our relationship (refer to my very first post here for details), I am seriously questioning the trust issue between us. What is a relationship with no trust? How can we move forward if every communication she's had could now be a lie?

Tune in later to find out about our conversation and the outcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment